Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Gift Perhaps?

So after showing mom my pictures of the garden and whatnot, she would like one now too. So we know where it's going to go, now we just have to prepare the area, purchase soil, and get/grow plants. That said, we're going to be starting on preparing the area within the next few days. Soil is going to take a little while to get enough of because of funds being short. But since all of that, I was thinking that maybe I could start some seeds for her now and have some nice plants to give her for Mother's Day in a few weeks. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to convince my siblings to get some soil/fertilizer with me as well. 

So the current plan is to have her keep all of the bottoms of the green onions she uses, as well as the onions, and I will regrow those, since those are two things that she uses rather frequently and will regrow (quite well I might add) from scraps. Today I bought a packet of parsley seeds as that's another thing she uses a lot. And tonight we planted three sets of each: parsley, carrots, chives, green peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and spinach. The parsley, green peppers, and cucumber are for mom, as well as some of the chives and zucchini. The others are for me. We've already tried the chives and spinach once and it didn't quite work out well, so I'm giving them both another go and see if we do any better this time around. With any luck, we'll have several nice new plants to pass onto her for her to plant in her nice, new veggie/herb garden for Mother's Day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment