Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

McDaniel Christmas 2012

This past December marked Sophia's very first Christmas! We were very lucky to have at least my family together for the holidays, and even moreso to be in Canada for a cold and lightly white Christmas! It felt like something out of a movie. 


It started out by us waking up bright and early and gathering for breakfast. After breakfast we grabbed one of the presents for Sophia from under the tree to let her open that morning so that she'd have something (new) other than the same toys she'd been playing with in the car for the whole trip. 


(Daddy giving her hair static from the blanket)






The rest of the afternoon was a pretty lazy, relaxing one. Auntie Vinn said the girls had had all of the food planned and that we were not to do anything. So after a few hours of chasing Sophia around, I put her down for a nap, and David and my siblings took a walk down to an old Indian burial mound. 




A few hours later the rest of the family started to arrive. :) It's been 9 years since we'd last seen the majority of them, so it was really nice to see everyone! 



Sophia sort of made friends with my cousin's 2 year old son, Aaron. That is until he tried to take out both of her beautiful blue eyes with his fingers! :( 


We had all sorts of yummy desserts including yummy little cheesecakes that my cousin made, and of course the rum & khalua balls that I made, and pizzelle's that David and I made, and the yummy snickerdoodles and smores cookies that Renee and I made. Yum!


Sophia ended up with way more presents than we'd imagined! David and I had brought up all of our presents for her so that she'd have some to open and as it turns out, all of our family up there supplied gifts as well! My cousin Charmane was the most excited though because all of their children are boys and she's been dying to spoil a little girl!







It was honestly the best Christmas I could've asked for. It was the perfect first Christmas for Sophia, and honestly the most stress free Christmas that I've had in a LONG time, which I think that we all REALLY needed. I am definitely going to miss all of them. I really wish it was easier to get together for often, but am so grateful for the trip that we had and the time that we DID get to spend with them. I really hope that everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment