Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

ZOMG! I DID IT!

It's done! I officially have completed basically my dream carrier! A month or two ago, I participated in a pre-order with Natibaby to have a "Second Star to the Right" woven wrap made! Now, I personally hate wraps. I've never understood how anyone uses them. However...I wanted one with the sole purpose of converting it into a beautiful soft structured carrier for Rosalie, since she's finally outgrown the first carrier that I made her.



This was the first carrier that I ever made, and I still super love it! It's definitely got it's use, since I've worn it almost everyday for about a year. This one was an "infant" size and I knew full and well that at about a year, I'd need to make a new one to fit her. This time, I really wanted to get into my Disney obsession. I'd tried one with Sophia, and I'd made an Aurora inspired toddler carrier, but ultimately, I wasn't happy with how it turned out, stripped it back down to the bare bones, and it's currently just a pink carrier that I hope to someday paint or have painted to be Aurora themed. At any rate, I ultimately decided on this beautiful Peter Pan themed wrap. 

It finally came in and I was terrified to cut it. I placed and replaced for positioning time and time and time again to make sure I had it right where I wanted for placement. I finally got it where I wanted it and cut, and then started mentally freaking out that perhaps I should've moved it further to the.....you get the idea. Needless to say, it has now all come together, and I am so super proud of it, and soooo in love! It is a cotton/linen blend, and it is so beautiful! 







It has a hood with reach straps, and even a hidden hood pocket. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my Sew Toot pattern! Devon is a lifesaver! So here it is! My very first full wrap conversion! I am obsessed! I can't wait until I become compliant so I can help to make others as happy as I've just made myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment