Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

3 Weeks and Bathtime...

I can't believe my sweet baby is over 3 weeks old already. She is by far, the best thing I've ever done. I love that little girl more than I knew was possible. I can seriously just sit and watch her sleep all day, and I can't stop kissing her. She's absolutely perfect. We've been so super blessed. She really is such a good girl. The only trouble we've had at all is for a few hours (usually around 2) where she is gassy and just cannot get happy. It's definitely frustrating and tiresome since it usually falls between 3am-6am, but I also realize how lucky we are that that is all it is. 

This week her umbilical cord finally fell off and we were able to give our sweet angel her first bath! Unfortunately, she didn't seem to care for it much. She cried a little bit, but we were able to get through it, and luckily able to get a few pictures too. :) 








We go back on March 1st for her 1 month checkup. I'm curious to see how much weight she has gained with how often the girl eats! Haha. I imagine she's somewhere around 8.5 lbs or so at the moment. And she's finally able to properly fit into newborn clothes now. 

Seriously though, I'm so in love, and there's nothing better than snuggling with your little girl and watching her as she sleeps on your chest. 

On a side note, super grateful to David for helping to manage her for those two hours in the middle of the night. It breaks my heart to hear her cry when there's nothing that I can do for her, so he takes her to her room until she settles down, then brings her back to me to feed her, then she sleeps soundly and for the rest of the night/morning. I am also very grateful to my parents and sister who have been taking her for a little bit when I go over there so that I can actually sit down and eat something myself, and yesterday allowed me to go upstairs and take a nice hot shower that was much overdue. Also thank you to my in laws who made it possible for us to have this lovely home to raise her in, and to my sister in law who has helped out tremendously with making sure that she had clothes to wear that fit her (since we have tons of 0-3 months, but only like 5 newborn outfits, not realizing she'd still be this small for so long). I am so super thankful that she has such a big, loving family! And even more exciting that she will have so many cousins that are the same age! We are expecting one next month, one in July, and one in October! :) Very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a neat little bath tub! I so wish I'd had something like that with my girls. Bathing a tiny newborn is tricky.

    It's wonderful that you have such a great support group, so that you're able to really treasure this time. It takes a village, after all.

    She's beautiful, Erin, keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrienne, and yeah, it's definitely helpful with how squirmy she is. And agreed, we are very lucky to have so many involved family. I wish my grandma was still alive to see her, but I know she still can even if we can't see her.

    ReplyDelete