Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Official..

David's parents have been off on an awesome trip to Alaska for the past three weeks, so we've been waiting for a few weeks for them to come home so that we could share some good news. 

As many of you know, David and I have been trying to get pregnant for a little over a year now, and have had some complications come up that have kind of put a damper on our ability to do so. After several months of being on hormones, it seemed like it wasn't working, or going to work, so I'd started thinking about what other options we'd have. Adoption was always a consideration, but we'd hoped to turn to that after we already have one of our own. Or there was also the option of IVF. 

Well two weeks ago, for some reason, I felt the need to go home that night and take a pregnancy test. As it turns out, there was a good reason.



Yep. It's official. We are pregnant! I went to the Dr. as soon as I found out, and we are apparently 6 weeks along, with a projected due date of January 31, 2012. 

We realize that it is still early, so there is still some cause for concern, as sometimes things happen, but I am trying to take it easy, and we are excited, but obviously cautious. However, after having known for two weeks, it's hard not to want to share it! So now that his parents are back from their trip and we got to tell them in person, we wanted to share with all of you! 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see him or her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i just saw this I am literally crying I love you. I will call you later I am so happy for you. Hopefully that is when I am going to be done with bootcamp and back from leave to see you guys. I know I am seeing you before that though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering, but now that I know, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" So happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete