Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Florida Trip & More:

So to continue out from our first trip to Florida in October... (I know, this is soooo late!! I've been super busy!!) We celebrated Rosalie's first birthday with a 2nd birthday party, this time with my family! My family rented a big inflatable volcano for the party and it was a big hit!






She got lots more presents, and the cutest birthday outfit ever!



And of course, another cupcake!



The next day, we worked hard, and held my sister's wedding shower! I'm really happy with how it turned out! We did a tea party theme!










Later that evening, we went out for a mini bachelorette party. It was only myself, Renee, Mom & Mary because everyone else flaked, but quite frankly, I think it was better this way. We had a lot of fun! We had a super yummy dinner at Olive Garden, went shopping & glow-in-the-dark putt putt, and then ended the night at our huge local adult store.




The next day, was out long drive home. Oh, and Rosalie popped her 4th tooth too!





On the way home, we stopped in Tallahassee again (my favorite) and stopped at one of my absolute favorite places, Lake Ella. We walked the lake and just took in the beauty. It was such a perfect day.




We made it home safely, but the next night, Daddy had to fly out to California for a few days, which meant it was just me and the girls by ourselves. I will absolutely hand it to single parents and military wives. I don't know how you do it. It was beyond stressful and super lonely, but we did try really hard to make the best of it. 


We ordered a water table & picked up a used sandbox and spent some fun time outside & went to some playgrounds.



Then after three long days, Daddy came home! The girls were so happy to pick him up from the airport!



That weekend started the local fall festivals, so we went to our neighborhood's community party (which was sort of a bust, but she got a balloon animal and jumped in a free bounce house before snot kids got too rough).


Afterwards, we took a small hike up the road to a local farm that apparently is all the range for the holidays. They have two sides, and it's massive! They had all sorts of yummy, made there treats like delicious roasted corn on the cob & homemade peach ice cream!!! So yum!!



They have a huge flower garden to pick a vase of hand picked wild flowers! I really enjoyed doing this with Goose, and the flowers were beautiful!


They also had pony rides, which Goose really loved!


The next day, we decided to take the trek out to Longhorn Caverns. Seriously, this place was stunning! I've never seen anything like it! It was so different from Luray Caverns in VA.





We really enjoyed the beautiful weather this month.












I sewed like crazy, and made this adorable diaper for Tiny with some tester minky fabric I got! In love!!



And I finally was able to show everyone the carriers that I made for my new nephew Colton, who was also born this month. 






I learned to invert in pole (albeit, not the prettiest moment while inverting into a crucifix),


and I buzzed the other side of my hair.


I made the girls some cute little flannel nightgowns.




I also made the girls some matching winter pjs.



And we celebrated Halloween! (Click the link to read about that post!)



That finally concludes our month of October!







No comments:

Post a Comment