Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Gardening Update:

Well, it's been quite some time since I've last updated about the garden but that's because it pretty much all died off with this heat and excessive rain that we kept getting. That said, in my first garden, my bell peppers are still growing along okay, and we'd seeded some pepperoncini peppers that are still doing well as well and just need to be transplanted. Everything else in that garden has died and been pulled to make room for my fall/winter veggies. 

In my second garden on the other side of the house, I still have two tomato plants that seem to be struggling to stay alive. I don't have terribly high hopes for them though. My one bell pepper over there is on it's way out as well. My squash died long ago as did one of my strawberry plants, but the other is still doing great. I also have some green onion that has managed to stay alive, but I'm going to pull that for my mom shortly. And my pineapple that I'd cut the top off of to give a go is growing fabulously! I'm so surprised, but so happy as well!

In the back garden, everything except for the bell pepper and the scotch bonnets are dead, but both pepper trees are doing fantastic!

Today I seeded some of my fall/winter veggies so that they will be ready to transplant in time. I currently have romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, various lettuce, and cabbage. I still have other things that I want, but that's what I started today. :) So now I need to go check out what other veggies that I want/need to buy seeds for and get those started as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment