Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Garden Update:

Remember my garden from this post just but three weeks ago? Boy has it grown! I recently counted over 30+ roma tomatoes, four broccoli, three bell peppers and a cherry tomato! Add to that all of my greek and sweet italian basil, green onion and my bib lettuce and my garden is growing beautifully! The tomatoes are approximately 4 ft. tall now! That's crazy! 


(greek and sweet italian basil)

(green onion)

(roma tomato plants)

(cherry tomato plants)

(some of romas)

(some of romas)

(some of romas)

(bell pepper)

(broccoli)

(cherry tomato)

Last week I used some of my sweet italian basil on my chicken alfredo french bread pizzas, yesterday I passed on a good bit of lettuce to my aunt, and tonight I used some of the lettuce and green onion with our gorditas! And boy was it all yummy! I can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen! I still need to get some pics of my zucchini and yellow crook neck squash that we planted. Now I just wish I had some fruit. I really want some chives (still can't get those to grow, although I did grow some parsley that I need to transplant, as well as garlic to plant and more green onion), watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries. I'm also really wishing I had a lemon tree. Seriously, it sounds dumb, but it's amazing how good it feels to have grown your own food and just to walk outside and get what you need! I wish I could do it with everything!

I am planning to try and figure out some good bread recipes and tortilla recipes as well. The more that I can learn to make on my own and not have to buy, the better. It feels amazing, and tastes delicious too!



(lettuce from my garden)

(green onion from my garden)

2 comments: