Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1 Year Old!!!

On noes! I'm officially the mom of a toddler! Ahh! Sophia turned the big ONE!! I am so proud of my big girl! Once again, she continues to awe and amaze me every single day!






I swear just even looking at her, she looks so much older. She's not my "baby" anymore. But I am so excited to see what a beautiful, smart, big girl she's turning out to be! 

(getting into trouble)


This month we took her for her 12 month check-up and found out that she is 30 inches tall, and 18 lbs! Yay! Now just two more pounds to go and we can turn her carseat around!

(doing circles around the house)

She has also mastered the art of walking, and now practically runs around the house. She also really loves to climb, anything and everything that she can. She's also become more interested in books and likes to look through pictures, and SOMETIMES have me read to her, instead of her past of just wanting to eat them. Haha.


She had a highly successful, wonderful first birthday party! I spent the whole week prior stressing, and spent an entire day/night making homemade cupcakes, and my help got there a little late so decorations weren't completely up by the time people started to arrive, but it turned out great! There were an unfortunate few that weren't able to make it, but I was so glad that so much family was able to share it with us, and I want to say that it was the first time since our wedding that both families were together, so that was nice too :) My dad was even able to come!

(swinging at her birthday party)

She had a blast! She loves the mac n' cheese that we had, and all of her necklaces, and loved getting to swing on the swings next to her cousin, Nathaniel. 

(opening presents)

She didn't really seem too excited about opening presents, but I'm sure that will definitely stop by the time her second birthday comes around! She got some super cute new outfits, a water table, a rideable train, diapers, books, a popper, a shopping cart and a tent! (Sorry if I forgot anything!) And she's used and loved everything so far except the water table (because of time, and our weird Florida weather) but we'll get there!



She was seriously the cleanest birthday baby I've ever seen. I had a spare outfit, a giant towel, and LOTS of wipes ready because I'd seen all of the pictures of everyone's kids that were just COVERED with cake. I tossed even giving her one around back and forth for a while because I was concerned about her having the sugar (I keep her on a pretty healthy diet) but decided that it was her birthday and she deserved a shot at cupcake. 


But instead of crushing the cake and making a HUGE mess, she took the cupcake and just stuck it to her mouth, where she then proceeded to simply lick/suck the icing off of the cake. After she'd finished all of the icing, I thought for sure that the cake was going to be thrown aside or mushed, but she did in fact eat 90% of the cupcake too! 




What you see here is the extent of the cupcake mess, which was confined to her hands, bib and face. Pretty impressive, I think! Then I worried about "oh god, all that sugar, she's going to be such a handful!" Nope, not my perfectly amazing daughter. My kid went right to sleep and took a two hour nap! Man I got lucky or did something right!





(hating aging! lol)

This year has gone by way too fast! And I'm sure that the next year will too! I'm just so grateful that I got to be here to see it all happen and that I was able to document so much of it through pictures and video. I know that I will be so happy that we did when I go back through the years and reminisce. 

A very big, Happy First Birthday to the love of my life, Sophia!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE that first picture of her looking at the balloons! That is one for the wall, for sure! Happy birthday, little Sophia. :)

    ReplyDelete